Dog-Friendly Charleston Events This Fall
August 31, 2014 | Events, Things To Do | 0 comments | Author: Charleston Dog Walker
There are lots of dog-friendly activities this fall around Charleston and we can’t wait to see you there!
- September 7 – Dog Day Afternoon at the Waterpark – This event is always a blast, so mark your calendars now and head over to the Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Waterpark at noon. Tickets are $15 per pup (humans are free) and you can get them in advance here.
- September 10, 17, 24 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year-round weekly event showcases original music. You can grab some food and bring your own beverages. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed dogs!
- September 13 – Wannamaker Summer Movie Night – Gather your lawn chairs, a blanket and the whole family (even your furry pals) and come out to see “Tangled” at the North Charleston Wannamaker County Park starting around 8pm.
- September 18 – Yappy Hour – Bring your dog to the James Island County Park from 4pm until sunset for Yappy Hour and listen to Big John Belly while sipping some cool refreshments with human and furry friends!
- September 25 – Pups, Yups and Food Trucks – Swing by Palmetto Islands County Park from 5 – 8pm for some fun with your dog! There will be live music by Soul Fish Duo, cold beverages, and food truck fare. Get more details here.
- October 4 – Doggie Dash 5K – Start getting your pup in shape for this 5K dog-friendly run through James Island County Park starting at 8am. Click here for registration and more info.
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – Check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!