Bark-Friendly July Events
June 30, 2014 | Events, Things To Do
Stay active with your pup this July with some of these fun events. Just remember to come prepared and keep your pooch cool in this crazy heat!
- July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year-round weekly event showcases original music. Try a wood fired pizza, the grill or fresh local oysters in season and drink your own libations responsibly. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed pets.
- July 10 – Yappy Hour – The Yappy Hours are always an awesome night out for you and your pup. Head over to the dog park at the James Island County Park from 4 – 8pm and listen to Calhoun’s Calling while sipping some cool refreshments!
- July 12 – Wannamaker Summer Movie Night – Bring your lawn chairs, a blanket and the whole family (even your furry pals) out for the movie night at the North Charleston Wannamaker County Park. This night they’ll be showing The Little Mermaid (the best movie ever!) starting around 8pm.
- July 24 – Pups, Yups and Food Trucks – Reward yourself and your pooch after a long day at the office! Bring your furry friend out to enjoy live music by The Bill Show, cold beverages, and food truck fare at Palmetto Islands County Park from 5 – 8pm. Get more details here.
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!