Looking for some fun dog-friendly events this August and September in Charleston? Check out these fun gatherings around the low-country!
- August 13, 20 and 27 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year-round weekly event showcases original music. You can grab some food and bring your own beverages. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed dogs!
- August 16 – Wannamaker Summer Movie Night – Gather your lawn chairs, a blanket and the whole family (even your furry pals) and come out to see “The Lego Movie” at the North Charleston Wannamaker County Park starting at 8pm.
- August 21 – Pups, Yups and Food Trucks – Swing by Palmetto Islands County Park from 5 – 8pm for some fun with your dog! There will be live music by Katina Rose, cold beverages, and food truck fare. Get more details here.
- September 7 – Dog Day Afternoon at the Waterpark – This event is always a blast, so mark your calendars now and head over to the Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Waterpark at noon. Tickets are $15 per pup (humans are free) and you can get them in advance here.
- September 18 – Yappy Hour – Bring your dog to the James Island County Park from 4pm until sunset for Yappy Hour and listen to Big John Belly while sipping some cool refreshments with human and furry friends!
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – Check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!