Bark-Friendly May Events
May 1, 2014 | Events, Things To Do | 0 comments | Author: Charleston Dog Walker
April showers have brought the May flowers… so get out and sniff them! You won’t want to miss any of these fun pet-friendly events in the Charleston area this May!
- May 7, 14, 21 & 28 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year round Wednesday night event showcases original music. Try a wood fired pizza, the grill or fresh local oysters in season and drink your own libations responsibly. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed pets.
- May 9 – Dog Jog – Pet Helpers invites runners and dogs of all skill levels to come out at 6pm for a 3 mile walk/run around beautiful Hampton Park. Dog jogs will begin at Palmetto Brewery and will end with live local music and craft beer at Palmetto Brewery’s Loading Dock Series. Click here for more info about this fun event.
- May 10 – Leslie McCravy Memorial 5K – Register today for Pet Helpers’ upcoming 5K memorial run, which starts at 8am on Folly Beach. The event will begin with a 5K Run/Walk, followed by a 1 mile Fun Run/dog jog for kids and families. After the race, participants will enjoy an awards ceremony and celebration, which will include live music and a silent auction.
- May 11 – Dog Day at the Joe – Who doesn’t love dogs and baseball games? This is your perfect chance to show your love of both. Bring your pup along to the game and watch while the Riverdogs play the Savannah Sand Gnats. Get more info and tickets here.
- May 15 – Yappy Hour – We’ve waited through all of the cold winter months for Yappy Hours to start up again and the wait is finally over! Head out to the dog park at the James Island County Park from 4 – 8pm and listen to Soul Fish Duo while sipping some cool refreshments. Can’t wait to see you there!
- May 22 – Pups, Yups and Food Trucks – Reward yourself and your pooch after a long day at the office! Bring your favorite furry friend to enjoy live music by Dave Landeo, cold beverages, and food truck fare at Palmetto Islands County Park from 5 – 8pm. Get more details here.
- June 1 – Bark for Your Brew – Come out to the Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park with your pups for a craft beer tasting! There will be over 30 beers for your sampling pleasure and the Riverdogs game will follow the sampling. Get more info and your tickets here – $25 includes beer sampling and your game tickets!
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!