November 12, 2014
| Curious Pet of the Month, Cutest Pets
Meet Chloe – a tiny bundle of energy and happiness! Chloe is always as happy as can be when it’s time for her walk. She bounces all around and can hardly wait to run around outside. It seems she believes that she is a race horse, because she takes off as soon as that door opens and hardly slows down at all until you make it back inside! Chloe is excellent at sniffing and thinks squirrels are quite funny. She also has a hilarious ritual of coming back inside and running to the living room to roll on her back for a few minutes. Chloe is a big goof ball and absolutely adorable!
November 8, 2014
| Helpful Tips, Pet Travel, Uncategorized
Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days of the year and these days lots of pets are tagging along with their humans for all of the yummy festivities. It’s very important to make sure that they are safe and secure in your vehicle, so check out these great travel tips.
- Buckle your dog. You can get a harness for fido and buckle him in like everyone else in the car. In the event of a car accident, your pet can can become a projectile. Don’t let your pet or you get hurt – buckle up!
- Crates are best. If your car is big enough and your pet is small enough, crates are the way to go! This keeps your pet secure and creates a comfy space for them during the ride.
- Take lots of breaks. Everyone needs potty breaks, so make sure to stop along the way every so often. If your dog is still young, try to avoid rest stops – lots of dogs stop there and can pass along diseases when waste isn’t picked up.
- Enjoy a pet-friendly hotel. When it’s time for bed, there are plenty of pet-friendly hotels that you can stay at – check out this great website that can help you plan out your whole trip!
We hope you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
November 3, 2014
| Dog-Friendly Charleston, Events, SC, Things To Do
The chilly weather has stayed away so far this November – so get out there with your furry friend and enjoy it!
- November 14 – 16 – PetSmart National Adoption Weekend – Are you looking for a new little (or big) buddy? Well go to your local PetSmart from 10am to 5pm all weekend to find them!
- November 18 – My Shy Dog Workshop – Is your new puppy or newly adopted dog fearful, anxious, or shy? Register today for this workshop that will help teach you some techniques and strategies to support your shy or fearful dog.
- November 19 and 26 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year-round weekly event showcases original music. You can grab some food and bring your own beverages. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed dogs!
- November 22 – Chili Cook-Off & Oyster Roast – Come out to the 15th annual event by the Charleston Animal Society! Get more info here and then make sure to head over to the Citadel Football Stadium from 1-5pm.
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – Check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!