Dog-Friendly October Events
October 3, 2014 | Dog-Friendly Charleston, Events, SC, Things To Do
This October Charleston has a bunch of fun activities that fido can tag along to – so get out there and enjoy this lovely fall weather!
- October 15, 22, and 29 – Awendaw Green Barn Jams – This outdoor, year-round weekly event showcases original music. You can grab some food and bring your own beverages. They ask for a $5 donation at the door and welcome the whole family, including your leashed dogs!
- October 16 – Yappy Hour – This is the last Yappy Hour for the year, so bring your dog to the James Island County Park from 4pm until sunset to listen to Whiskey Diablo while sipping some cool refreshments with human and furry friends!
- October 18 – Dogtoberfest – Come out to Kiawah’s Freshfields Village from 1-5pm and support Pet Helpers while enjoying wine tasting, craft beer, food and pet costume contest! Get more details here.
- October 19 – Barktoberfest – Bring out the whole family to the Wannamaker Park in North Charleston from 11am – 4pm for a dog parade, tasty German food and beer, pet exhibits and live music.
- October 23 – Pups, Yups and Food Trucks – This will also be the final Pups, Yups and Food Trucks gathering of 2014. Come out to Palmetto Islands County Park from 5pm until sunset for live music by Dallas Baker & His Bluegrass Friends, cold beverages, and food truck fare.
- October 25 – Mutt Strut – Magnolia Plantation will be hosting a doggie-owner costume contest and four-hour Mutt Strut from 10am – 2pm. Join the fun and check out lots of pet vendors around the grounds.
- October 26 – Running with the Hounds – Middleton Place opens it’s historic grounds for a canicross, trail run and walking event from 2 – 6:30pm. You and your dog should register today for this great event!
- October 27 – Hairy Winston Pet Costume Contest – Dress your pet up and head over to the Mt. Pleasant Towne Center, outside Palmetto Grande Cinema at 12pm. Be sure to check out the 5 costume categories because there are lots of prizes!
- October 28 – Doolittle’s Howl-O-Ween – If you need another pet costume contest to rock, head over to any of Doolittle’s three locations from 10am – 4pm for costume contests, a photographer taking pet photos, games, prizes and discounts!
- Ongoing Events: Meetup Groups – Check out Meetup to find people around Charleston gathering with their pups. Here are some current groups and you can always start your own!